Monday, October 14, 2013

Being Thankful

The weather has been perfect this weekend, beautiful sunshine, glorious colour with the changing leaves, a bit brisk in temperature...just enough to require a scarf but not enough that you really need to bundle up, and yesterday the house was filled with the delicious smells of turkey, stuffing and all that goes with a great big Thanksgiving dinner.

I was thrilled to share it with these folks who generously drove a few hours to enjoy the feast at our table....bringing smiles, laughter and a piece of what I've been missing this last little while...my family.


I often wish that we lived closer together, where popping by for tea is a regular occurrence, but unfortunately we are just a bit far apart for that so I'll take what I can get.

I was left with such a feeling of love after everyone left, and that is what I am really thankful for this year. There is no one more important than the people in your life and it's important to enjoy them and share with them as much as you can.



I tried a little something different for dessert this year, not quite pumpkin pie but close and a whole lot easier. These pumpkin pie cupcakes are super simple, require very few ingredients, and are really tasty too.




The original recipe can be found here.

Songza is on in the background pretty much all the time here these days and one of the playlists we've been enjoying has been Timeless Pop Rock Hits. When this Ray Charles song came on yesterday Chris and I stopped cooking and had a dance break in the kitchen...love it, just feels so happy. :)



I sure hope you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend so far, we will be taking it easy today and getting in some post feast walks in the sunshine.

Thank you so much for reading (another thing I'm thankful for...you readers are the best!)!



1 comment:

  1. That was such a lovely day! I wish we could have weekly teas too sister (:

    ReplyDelete